Texas Women’s Health Program


The Texas Women’s Health Program provides FREE family planning services to eligible women. The goal of the program is to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies. This goal can be reached by providing advice on how to control the timing and the spacing of children and making birth control methods more easily available. Program benefits include:

  • one family planning exam each year which includes screenings for: breast and cervical cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, high blood pressure, other health issues.
  • information about all birth control methods.
  • help you choose and then give you the best birth control method for you.
  • information on how to use the birth control method that you chose so that it works.
  • follow-up family planning visits related to your method of birth control.
  • information about long term contraception methods and sterilization.

Who can apply?

You are eligible for these services if you:

  • are 18 – 44 years old
  • are a Texas resident and US citizen or legal resident of Texas
  • don’t have health insurance
  • have a low income* (at or below 185% of the federal poverty level)

* This chart will help you determine if you meet the low-income requirement based on your family size and monthly income.

Family Size Monthly Income
1 $1,670
2 $2,247
3 $2,823
4 $3,400
5 $3,976
6 $4,553
7 $5,130
8 $5,706
For each additional person, add $577

You cannot get services through this program if you are:

  • pregnant
  • sterile
  • not a legal Texas resident

How do I apply?

Download, fill out, and return the one-page Texas Women’s Health Program application in English or Spanish. Also most clinics have application forms right there. You must send proof of how much money you earn and proof of citizenship or permanent resident status.

  • There are many possible ways to show proof of how much money you earn.
  • There are many possible ways to show proof of citizenship or permanent resident status.

For all of these possible ways to show proof please go to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission website and select “How to Apply” from the left side bar. Go to number 2: “Send or bring paperwork to show your income, expenses, and citizenship.”

Where do I send the application?

Return the completed application form to:
MC 821-1
PO Box 16017
Houston, Texas 77222-6017

How can I find a doctor or clinic to treat me?

  • Call toll-free 2-1-1; after you pick a language, pick option 1 OR
  • Go to the clinic locator

For more options go to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission website and click on “Find a Doctor” on the left side bar.

Can I call someone if I have questions?

Call toll-free 1-866-993-9972

How can I learn more?

Mens medication from DapPremium read our Priligy report for more information and video goodrx review. Meds online from TaubExpress.com, lowest prices, Sildenafil Citrate prescribed legal by USA doctors. At the time, scientists knew that hemoglobin - Enmg1.com the protein in cancer vitamin c linus pauling blood.