General Health Information & Resources:
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Families USA: The Voice for Health Care Consumers
Some Day Starts Now: This site is designed to provide the information and resources you and your partner need to start your healthy future — right here, right now.
- STD Prevention Online
- Texas Women’s Healthcare Coalition: a coalition of organizations promoting access to preventive healthcare for all Texas women. TWHC is working toward the vision of a state where every woman has access to the preventive and preconception care that will help her stay healthy and prepare for healthy, planned pregnancies.
- The Positive Project: A collection of powerful and valuable first-person accounts from an unrecognized and underutilized resource in the overall response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Staying Alive Foundation: We fight HIV globally, funding innovative youth-led programs and producing ground-breaking content for young people around the world.
- Susan G. Komen’s for the Cure: provides information about breast cancer.
Women’s Reproductive Health Information:
- BreastFeeding.com: provides a whole host of videos on breastfeeding.
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: provides free reproductive health care pamphlets.
- Johns Hopkins University Student Health & Wellness Center: Women’s Health Tutorial.
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association: assures access to voluntary, comprehensive family planning and reproductive health care services worldwide.
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Texas Department of State Health Services Family Planning
- Alan Guttmacher Institute
- Center for Disease Control
- Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Campaign For Our Children, Inc: develops research-based prevention messages and educational campaigns that encourage healthy, responsible decision making among adolescents and raises public awareness about adolescent preventive health issues.
- Center for Young Women’s Health (hosted by Children’s Hospital Boston): provides health information for teen girls around the world.
- Healthy Futures of Texas: preventing teen and unplanned pregnancy.
- Healthy Teen Network: making a difference in the lives of teen and young families.
- Kicesie’s Sex Ed: Supporting Healthy, Passionate Lives provides “talk to you” clips on YouTube about a whole host of topics including What to expect from your gyno?, How did you learn about sex?, and Plan B.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy: seeks to improve the well-being of children, youth, families, and the nation by preventing unplanned and teen pregnancy.
- Resource Center for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention: provides practical tools and information to effectively reduce sexual risk-taking behaviors (especially for teachers and health educators).
- Program Success Center for Sexual & Reproductive Health, School-based sex education guide
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS): promotes sexuality education for people of all ages, protects sexual rights, and expands access to sexual health services.
- National Pediatric AIDS Network: a resource for information on HIV/AIDS from preconception through adolescents.