General Health Information & Resources:
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Families USA: The Voice for Health Care Consumers
Some Day Starts Now: This site is designed to provide the information and resources you and your partner need to start your healthy future — right here, right now.
- STD Prevention Online
- Texas Women’s Healthcare Coalition: a coalition of organizations promoting access to preventive healthcare for all Texas women. TWHC is working toward the vision of a state where every woman has access to the preventive and preconception care that will help her stay healthy and prepare for healthy, planned pregnancies.
- The Positive Project: A collection of powerful and valuable first-person accounts from an unrecognized and underutilized resource in the overall response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Staying Alive Foundation: We fight HIV globally, funding innovative youth-led programs and producing ground-breaking content for young people around the world.
- Susan G. Komen’s for the Cure: provides information about breast cancer.
Women’s Reproductive Health Information:
- BreastFeeding.com: provides a whole host of videos on breastfeeding.
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: provides free reproductive health care pamphlets.
- Johns Hopkins University Student Health & Wellness Center: Women’s Health Tutorial.
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association: assures access to voluntary, comprehensive family planning and reproductive health care services worldwide.
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Texas Department of State Health Services Family Planning
- Alan Guttmacher Institute
- Center for Disease Control
- Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Campaign For Our Children, Inc: develops research-based prevention messages and educational campaigns that encourage healthy, responsible decision making among adolescents and raises public awareness about adolescent preventive health issues.
- Center for Young Women’s Health (hosted by Children’s Hospital Boston): provides health information for teen girls around the world.
- Healthy Futures of Texas: preventing teen and unplanned pregnancy.
- Healthy Teen Network: making a difference in the lives of teen and young families.
- Kicesie’s Sex Ed: Supporting Healthy, Passionate Lives provides “talk to you” clips on YouTube about a whole host of topics including What to expect from your gyno?, How did you learn about sex?, and Plan B.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy: seeks to improve the well-being of children, youth, families, and the nation by preventing unplanned and teen pregnancy.
- Resource Center for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention: provides practical tools and information to effectively reduce sexual risk-taking behaviors (especially for teachers and health educators).
- Program Success Center for Sexual & Reproductive Health, School-based sex education guide
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS): promotes sexuality education for people of all ages, protects sexual rights, and expands access to sexual health services.
- National Pediatric AIDS Network: a resource for information on HIV/AIDS from preconception through adolescents.
- The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy: The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy is a non-partisan nonprofit education and advocacy organization committed to reducing the rate of teen pregnancy across Texas. We provide statewide leadership around this issue by focusing on what works and connecting Texas communities to the research and tools they need to make an impact.