WHFPT supports the rights of patients:
- to obtain comprehensive and confidential services of high quality which are provided in a manner respecting personal privacy and individual dignity, delivered in a setting free of harassment, discrimination and in a culturally sensitive manner, offered at convenient times and in comfortable surroundings, and not provided based solely on a client’s ability to pay available regardless of age.
- to use appropriately trained mid-level practitioners, including nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other health professionals to assure low-cost, high quality women’s health care and family planning services.
- to accept or reject services after receiving accurate information.
- to receive accurate answers to any questions about their health care and medical treatment in language they can understand.
- to expect that their medical records will be kept confidential and not be released to anyone without prior written consent, except in medical emergencies and otherwise provided by law.
- to make all decisions in regards to their health care and treatments.
- to be free to select a provider of their choice for his or her reproductive health care services.