The Women’s Health and Family Planning Association of Texas was founded in 1977 by a group of individuals dedicated to the belief that every Texan should have equal access to high-quality reproductive health services and control over the timing and spacing of their children.
WHFPT is dedicated to:
- promoting voluntary family planning services for all Texas women.
- promoting responsible, medically accurate sex education, including abstinence, and complete information on contraceptive methods and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases as an essential element of Texas public school curricula.
- providing for the availability of high quality, affordable, and accessible reproductive health care for all Texans.
- ensuring access to reproductive healthcare through education and professional training.
- providing leadership and information to the public and to its provider network.
- responsible sex education.
- confidential adolescent health care services, including a full range of reproductive health care services and information.
- access to women’s healthcare and family planning services.
- patient’s rights as they seek and receive health care.
The Women’s Health and Family Planning Association of Texas combines careful public policy research and varied professional education programs to improve the health and well-being of women and their families throughout Texas.